Re: Multiple Background Images

At 21:18 +0100 10/29/04, David Woolley wrote:

>>      I'll grant you that the cases are not totally analogous, since
>>  font are an all-or-nothing deal whereas backgrounds could be layered
>
>What do you mean by all or nothing?  Multiple fonts can be used
>if earlier fonts in the list don't support all the character glyphs
>needed for the element.
>
>See <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#algorithm> step 4.

    True.  I should have said "fonts tend to be all-or-nothing" since
in the vast number of cases, they are: the content is all characters
that are commonly found in most fonts, and so there's no need for
using alternate fonts on certain characters.  But you're right, it
can happen that way.

--
Eric A. Meyer  (eric@meyerweb.com)    http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
Principal, Complex Spiral Consulting  http://www.complexspiral.com/