Re: Multiple Background Images

On Friday, November 5, 2004, 7:40:38 PM, Andrew wrote:

AF> Hi, Ted,

AF> I think that notation "foobar.svg?f=foo&b=bar"
AF> is not so good.

I agree.

AF> For example I have svg generated on the server dynamicly by some CGI module
AF> which accepts parameters by its own:

AF> body { background:
AF> url(http://mysite/foobar.cgi?param1=foo&param2=bar); }

AF> How to pass parameters to returned SVG then?

AF> Parameters should be given out of url string somehow. Let url be just url.

Yes, well said. In terms of web architecture it is not feasible to
preempt the query parameter from all resources like that.

AF> Andrew Fedoniouk.
AF> http://terrainformatica.com

Yes, although I would not suggest starting a coordination request with
that particular syntax. Instead, explain what parameters need to be
passed to the SVG and why, then we can figure out a good way of doing
it.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group