RE: [css3-selectors] :contains

 From: Anne van Kesteren (fora) <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
> These cases [of :contains() interacting with other style rules]
> could be extended with instances of ':hover', ':active',
> ':focus' to make it more complex of course.

Actually, a rule that includes both :hover, :active, or :focus
along with :contains() should never select anything.

:contains() is explicitly limited to static media, while :hover
:active and :focus apply to interactive media.  While there
are some media that can be either, I fail to see how any
media can be viewed as being both static and interactive
at the same time.