Re: Rendering order without positioning

I can think of one, altho it may not be the one the proponent
had in mind. Client side sorting of tables or lists by the choosing
of alternate stylesheets.  Whether it is enough of a use case
to merit making it something doable by CSS instead of scripting
or XSLT is another question, but placing lists or tables in particular
orders can be viewed as a styling issue.