Re: Question on parsing of "font" property

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> Beg my pardon, Boris, but where did you get this *where "operator" is not
> allowed to be a COMMA* ?

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#propdef-font-family has that paragraph I
pointed you to in my previous mail (did you read that?).  It says:

"exclamation marks and commas within unquoted font family names must be escaped".

>  operator
>    : '/' S* | COMMA S* | /* empty */
>    ;
>
> exactly COMMA is.

That's what it tokenizes as, yes.  But the description of the property
explicitly disallows a COMMA in a font-name.

> Moreover following your font-name declaration:
> font-name: term [ operator term ]*
>
> font name MUST be either single word (IDENT) or quoted value (STRING).

Why?  Why can't it be a sequence of terms separated by operators?

Note that:

   font-family: Times New Roman;

is neither an IDENT nor a STRING.  How do you reconcile that with your claims?

> Otherwise it will not go through the parser which use given grammar.

Why not?

-Boris