Re: Colour gradient backgrounds and CSS textures

> There is one thing I think we can agree on tho.  Adding gradients
> to CSS by extending the <color> value type would be a bad idea.

Don't need to extend color. Color value is just RGB[A]

If you can write short form:

margin: 1px 2px 3px 4px;

why not then:

background-color: magenta blue blue red red;

as a short form of background-color-top-left, background-color-top-right ...

?

UAs which will do not support gradients will take 'magenta' as a background
color.

I really don't understand. Some aesthetic reasons?

Andrew Fedoniouk / KISS follower.
http://terrainformatica.com