Re: [css3-hyperlinks] inclusion of Clink in next WD

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xml-id-req-20030806/>

>XLink is a markup language, so clearly changing a link requires
>changing the markup. Of course, sometimes you want to link things you
>don't have write access to or don't want to change, as you say; that
>is why XLink also includes out of line links. Which have the same
>problem as your CSS Clink example - it requires fetching and
>understanding a external file to discover where the links are.

It does not. The link is already there, right in the CITE attribute. If
XML Schema (maybe that is already possible) or DTDs are extended, you
could cleary specify what is a link and what is not. If you don't want
to use those, you could use XLink (and then, the CSS mechanism could be
in a UA style sheet, or the UA handles it different, if it doesn't
support CSS at all).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>