Was "%% values, Working UA?"

Ladies and gentlemen,

I would not consider H-SMILE engine as a "Working UA" so far, but
nevertheless...

Here is a link to the page
http://www.terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/
and link to download demo application:
http://terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/HTMEngine3Demo.zip

Beside the executable there are samples in the archive.

How to use it:

1) Unzip the archive somewhere on disk drive of your Windows PC .

2) Start wtl_browse.exe and open html files in samples folder
    of the distribution by using menu: File/Open of the application.

Samples explanation:

1) samples/percent_percent_units.htm - sort of formal definition of %%
units.
2) samples/editor/index.htm - UI mockup of sample application.
     %% units are used there to position elements horizontally and
vertically.
3) samples/sidebars.htm - typical web page layout esciso - %% demo.
4) samples/backgrounds.htm - sample of backgrounds
     supported by H-SMILE engine. Gradient backgrounds and extended tiling
demos.

Some screenshots of demos:
http://terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/screens/sidebars.png
http://terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/screens/backgrounds.png
http://terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/screens/editor.png

What you can see there:

1) %% units live demonstration.

2) attribute 'flow' and flow:horizontal - being applied
    to block container makes it equivalent of HBOX in XUL.
    Default value: flow:vertical - standard DIV behaviour.
    In flow:horizontal margin overlaping rules are also applicable.
    Very useful.

3) expandable and stretchable backgrounds.
I am using new value for background-repeat attribute: 'expand'
with background-position which can take four image slicing offsets.
See: samples/backgrounds.htm and
http://terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/screens/backgrounds.png

4) Just enjoy HTML renderer compiled in 600 kbytes :)  ( Joke! )

Andrew Fedoniouk.

Terra Informatica Software, Inc.
http://terrainformatica.com
2004-06-23