Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

Chris Lilley wrote:
> IH> No, if you don't conform to it, you don't use it.
>
> I was reading some advice that if new elements and attributes were added
> to HTML 4, the old DOCTYPE should be used rather than one that actually
> describes them, to preserve this standards/quirks switching.

Hmm... Mozilla treats all unknown doctypes or doctypes with an internal subset
in standards mode.  Quirks is only applied to doctypes present in the doctype
blacklist, basically.

What behavior do other browsers have with regard to unknown doctypes?

This would be a good thing to add to that quirks/standards chart that was cited
earlier in the thread.

-Boris