Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

On Friday, July 23, 2004, 12:13:48 AM, Mark wrote:

> [...]

I don't believe anyone suggested that the HTML 4 tests be served as
anything other than HTL 4 - text/plain.

MM> There's nothing in CSS that requires XHTML, and XHTML was specifically
MM> designed so that "XHTML documents can be written to operate as well or
MM> better than they did before in existing HTML 4-conforming user agents." [1]
MM> Why not take advantage of this feature?

Dodging around tag soup parsing to see if it sort of works? Because that
part is already tested, and the idea is to test what happens when XHTML
is served as XHTML, as well.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group