Re: [css3] Proposal: Additional adjacent combinator (E - F)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Jens Meiert wrote:

> Is it worth consideration, or did I miss something? -- I'm aware that the
> structural pseudo classes offer a powerful set of selectors to maybe solve the
> problem above, but this suggestion seems easier anyway.

Your suggestion breaks a fundamental tennet of Selectors up to now, namely
that the last element mentioned in the selector chain is the one that
matches the selector.

Personally to solve this I prefer my :matches() proposal. See:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Apr/0146.html

...and related threads.