Re: XHTML attributes and namespace, clarification needed

Laurens Holst wrote:
> Hm, well, but I can't find anything in the XML Namespaces document that
> explicitly says it is in the 'null' namespace (or I must have missed
> it), and I also don't think it makes sense if that weren't the case.

"Default namespace declarations do not apply directly to attribute names".

Therefore, attribute with no prefix implies attribute with no namespace.

> Hm, well, I guess you know what you're talking about :). To me they
> seemed to be discussing things which were evident (that is: obviously
> with the same name in the same namespace).

Which clearly is not the case. You're only failing to understand
namespaces because you're making them more complicated than they are.
Namespaces are entirely, thoroughly, simple and stupid. They have no
behaviour whatsoever. They don't inherit. They don't mean anything. They
don't magically appear where they haven't been requested.

--
Robin Berjon