Re: XHTML attributes and namespace, clarification needed

Laurens Holst wrote:

> Attributes inherit their namespace from the element they are on.

No, they do not....  And Werner did not claim they do.

> So I'd say your third point is not valid.

Which third point was this, exactly?

> So, all in all, I think you are having a huge misunderstanding of the
> way XML works here. What's worse, there have been like 12 replies of
> which only one (Werner's) made sense to me.

Almost all the replies, including Werner's, said the same thing....  The
only difference is that Werner pointed out that some parts of attribute
behavior can be modeled with a somewhat erroneous (in that it does not
match what the XML/XHTML/etc specs actually say) but simple model --
that of saying the attributes are somehow in the namespace of the
element they're attributes of.

Daniel's original mail concerned cases where that simple model breaks
down and can no longer be used to model the behavior of attributes.

-Boris