Re: CSS Tabs

fantasai wrote:
>> Since Hixie brought to my attention the problem of making CSS tabs
>>   http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/design/tabs
>> I wrote a proposal for handling the basic layout geometry through the
>> 'display' property:
>>   http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/specs/tabs
>
> http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/specs/tabs , rather.

Have you considered:

  - tab placement wrt to content: if they are on the bottom do you want
    the active row to still be at the bottom? For side tabs?
  - the relationship to vertical text?
  - left and right tabs, possibly with rotated (90°) text?

I understand the use case, but is it worth adding that complexity into
UAs when tabs are likely to be used only by a minority of websites? Last
I looked there were various ways to simulate tabs to what seemed to be a
satisfactory degree (even if they weren't complete).

--
Robin Berjon