Re: content: url() is bad

Ian Hickson wrote:
>>>   h1 { content: url(xyzcompany-logo); }
>
> The current proposal, which I intend to make sure the spec states, is that
> if the image is not downloaded in the case above, the UA must
> automatically fallback to using whatever the element's contents were.

Compare:

h1 { content: url(xyzcompany-logo); }
h1 { content: "Logo: " url(xyzcompany-logo); }
h1 { content: "\160  " url(xyzcompany-logo); }
h1 { content: "\feff  " url(xyzcompany-logo); }
h1 { content: url(something) url(xyzcompany-logo); }

How would these all render if the company logo fails to load?  Is there
a difference between various reasons for it failing to load (there
really shouldn't be, I would hope).

-Boris