Re: Aural CSS

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:10:33 -0400, Brandon L. Pisani
<giricredwolf@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was cruising around on http://www.htmlgoodies.com looking for table
> information when I came across an article on Aural CSS.  Back when I
> started the mess about scrollbars, something was mentioned about
> disabled users.  (Anyone who hasn't heard about ACSS, it's the
> implementing of a computer voice for web sites, or something similar, I
> think.)  The full article is here:
> http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/acss.html.
>
> So, my question is:  Is this something that people think is worthwhile,
> or is it something too complicated to really implement?
>
> I think it would be worthwhile if it were implemented, but there's
> always supply:demand stuff I don't know about.  Just curious.
>
> Brandon Pisani

It's encouraging that at least some people are showing some interest in
aural stylesheets, though it's also discouraging that the author used so
much incorrect terminology.  Oh, well.  I would like to see aural
stylesheets implemented, but it seems like a difficult job at best.  I'm
not holding my breath.

--
J. King
mailto:mtknight@dark-phantasy.com