Re: Scrollbar Code

Jackie McGhee wrote:
> I haven't played with browser settings to deeply as I like to keep my
> settings in the default state, but if a user clicks a few buttons in her
> prefs window does that create the user stylesheet with the !important
> rules?

Yes, or its functional equivalent, on some browsers.

> If not you are betting on the fact that the user understands CSS
> (and to a fair level once we get into !important).

Yes, and it's important to realize that that is asking too much of most users.  "If the user can't
figure out how to do it, the feature doesn't exist".

Ideally, my user profile says I'm red-green colorblind, and every application, including both the
browser and the site itself, can respond to that.  Come to think of it, maybe high contrast and poor
motor skills should be @media types, or @media modifiers?

> There are far more important things for CSS to tackle than this.

If we were deciding whether to add scrollbar styling vs something else, I would agree.  However,
usually no such tradeoff exists for the process of creating CSS specs.

Scrollbar styling comes up a lot; I'd like to avoid it being shot down for bogus reasons this time :)