Re: [CSS3] Generated and Replaced Content - Grouping (long, examples)

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, David Woolley wrote:

>> ...which we want to style as:
>>
>>    <dl>
>>     <::pseudo>
>>      <dt>...</dt>
>>     </::pseudo>
>
> This seems to me to be an argument in favour of an explicit container
> element.  I believe such proposals have actually been made, although
> normally on the mistaken grounds that this grouping isn't already
> implied.

CSS should never try to back-propagate changes to the structure of the
language it is styling. If it does, it just shows a limitation of CSS.

See the last three paragraphs of:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Oct/0346.html