Re: Suggestion: Property for inheritance prevention

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:28:29 +0200 (MEST), Jens Meiert
<jens.meiert@erde3.com> wrote:

> In short: What about a special property to prevent inheritance in
> documents,
> like e.g. 'inherit: (yes|no);' or 'reset: (true|false);'?

I would hazard to say that the 'initial' keyword is probably sufficient.
To cancel out inheritence of every single property at once would probably
yield some rather strange results.  Maybe not.  I get the impression that
in practice if you need to set more than two or three properties to
initial, you're probably not writing very good stylesheets.

--
J. King
mailto:mtknight@dark-phantasy.com