Re: CSS21 Syndata.html Section 4

On Wednesday 2003-10-15 19:47 -0400, Tex Texin wrote:
> However, the example referenced in "content", has to do with generating text
> and the output format generally does not have those grammatical rules, and in
> fact may be destined for a media which there is a significant difference
> between lf, nl, etc. (For example to a specific printer.)

I don't see how the destination medium is relevant.  The content
generated by the 'content' property will be processed as described in
section 16.6 [1], just like any other content.

> However, the questions about whether \a, \0A and \0a are equivalent to \A
> should also be addressed.

I think they're definitely equivalent.  If anything suggests that they
aren't, it should be fixed.  I guess that means we should change, in
section 4.3.7 [2], the text

  use the escape "\A"

to be:

  use an escape such as "\A"