Re: author-defined color aliases

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 03:28 PM, Ben Godfrey wrote:
> Please try to accept that the web we have is a visually rich web for
> more reasons than designers liking fancy schmancy pixels. This list
> should be about helping those who want to create pretty pages and not
> just pure functionality. After all, the web is about people. If it was
> about computers, this list wouldn't exist.

You should be careful about equating "people" with "visually
rich web"-- as there are plenty of people who use the Web constantly
who have never seen a visual Web page, ever.

People with disabilities are -- understandably, based on millennia
of continuing discrimination -- sensitive when you assume that
they are not "people."

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com