RE: style switcher

(Top posting since original reply was top posted.)

I don't see anything in the HTML specs that would prohibit a user agent
from being able to maintain a user's choice for the use of alternate
stylesheets over a set of related documents.  The problem is, how does
the user agent know that documents are related and that the alternate
styles are to be kept in place?  I think that at most this could be
made to work only on direct hyperlinking and only if the alternate
stylesheets have the same name in both the original and the target
document.