Re: Will behaviors be added to CSS?

Perhaps, sorry. I just want to see features added to CSS that benefit
the community rather than a small clique.

I think that the W3C suffers from this problem quite badly in some
ways. It's mission is to create technology for all, but it's structure
makes this difficult.

Ben

On Thursday, Jul 24, 2003, at 22:29 Europe/London, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Afternoon wrote:
>> This is just the kind of thing the W3C doesn't need on it's hands. If
>> it is to remain relevant it can not even begin to act as a cartel
>> colluding with browser implementors in conflict with either users or
>> authors. There is just no point.
>
> Perhaps you misunderstood.  If the ability to "create" links via CSS
> is added to the spec, chances are most UAs will implement it exactly
> as it's specified.  The question is how to specify it in a way that
> will make the functionality useful while at the same time not making
> it too intrusive.
>
> Out of a similar balancing act came user stylesheets, it seems to me.
>
> -Boris

(q)	Ben Godfrey?
(a)	Web Developer and Designer
	See http://aftnn.org/ for details