RE: Color: auto, or colour fallbacks

> From: David Woolley [mailto:david@djwhome.demon.co.uk]
>
> The user does have ultimate control, by choosing a browser
> that fits them and by using !important rules
>
> What I was proposing was the option of allowing some of the author's styling
> to get through, as long as it didn't conflict with the user's policy.  E.g.
> if the author specifies black text on white background with black :link,
> :visited, etc., the user may be prepared to accept the foreground and
> background but insist that the browser shows the links, and in particular,
> highlights the visited links.

I'm not seeing how what you're proposing:
color: auto

would be any more effective than:
color: #00f !important;

The user may have multiple stylesheets of their own which they may switch in for Accessibility's sake depending on the site. Negotiations finer to this ought to be features of varying User Agents (browsers). Adding color: auto just seems to be redundant.

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/

(this is a public mailing list - ignore attachment)

Thank you.