Re: XBL Thread: who wants Shelby to stop posting?

On Monday 06 January 2003 12:29 am, Shelby Moore wrote:
[snip]

I've restrained myself from posting this a number of times before,
especially as I just lurk here, but since it was explicitly solicited...

> So I am asking for people who do __NOT__ want me here to respond to this
> thread and make themselves known.

A change of attitude would be appreciated.  You have demonstrated a
remarkably poor attitude in my opinion, some comments having ranged from
paranoid through arrogant to condescending, without cause.  I'm sure you
are technically capable of worthwhile input to a list like this, however
annoying everybody by being deliberately inflammatory is not a good way of
going about it.

> If 5 or more people will respond and declare that they find my posts
> undesireable, then I will leave.  Actually I would appreciate it an
> excuse to ignore some annoying closed-minded antagonists here.

And that's exactly the attitude I dislike, and I'm sure I'm not the only
one.  The only antagonist I see here is you.  If you could leave your
attitude behind, I'm sure productive debate would be possible, and I'd look
forward to reading your posts, but you seem intent on spending most of the
time accusing or misrepresenting others, and asserting that you have
somehow "won".  This isn't the right attitude to take if you want people to
listen to you.

If you care about your assertions here, put a reasoned argument with
examples into a single document, and post it here for debate.  If you don't
have the time (which I understand perfectly well), then that's your
business, but it seems to me you could free up a lot of time by avoiding
arguing so much on this list.  I think a short break from this thread would
be welcomed as well.

[Apologies to list members who are already sick of this thread]

--
Jim Dabell