Re: What should happen with auto margins?

On Friday, February 28, 2003, 7:44:16 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> No, in the case of Opera7 and IE6, the right margin becomes negative while
> the left margin is zero, while in Mozilla's case the two margins are both
> equal to the same negative value.

Thanks to all who replied.

So (going a tiny bit OT here) within the CSS specification, is there any
way of emulating Op7/IE6's behavior, presuming that the browser doesn't
support left-scrolling (as Mozilla does not)?

It's slightly irritating that I can't find a way to center an entire
page, without it going off the page in at least one browser (other than
using max-width hacks) - really is a quite ridiculous state of affairs :/

Cheers
--
Tom Gilder
http://tom.me.uk/