Re: css as xml?

I could see how that would work, and it's not a bad idea...I thought
about it a while back, and I'm wondering why they haven't started it
yet...It seems that everything will be XML in the future.  I think it
would probably be really easy to use XPath for selecting elements.  If
the W3C were to break down and decide the names for the tags, the specs
would probably be almost written!  Of course, I'm probably
exaggerating, as I don't really know what all goes into creating a W3C
spec.  Anyways, sounds like a pretty good idea.

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 02:38  PM, Douglas Livingstone wrote:

> One time, I heard someone talking about how they would one day be able
> to write an HTML document in French, replacing <body> with <corps> and
> then convert it to "real" HTML with XSLT. But, that poses a problem
> with CSS, it would still  have to use "body".
>

> Then I remembered this from the W3C recommendations:
>
> 'XHTML 1.0, a reformulation of HTML 4 as an XML 1.0 application'
> - http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/
>
> So, how about this?
>
> 'XCSS 1.0, a reformulation of CSS1/2/3 as an XML 1.0 application'
>

> So, in the general idea, this:
>
> body {
> background-color: #EFEFEF;
> font-family : "Trebuchet MS", Trebuchet, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,
> sans- serif;
> color: #000000;
> margin: 75px 50px 0 0;
> padding: 0px;
> text-align: justify;
> }
>
> could be written as:
>
> <tag value="body">
>  <prop name="background-color" value="#EFEFEF" />
>  <prop name="font-family" value="'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Verdana,
> Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" />
>  <prop name="color" value="#000000" />
>  <prop name="margin" value="75px 50px 0 0" />
>  <prop name="padding" value="0" />
>  <prop name="text-align" value="justify" />
> </tag>
>
> All the benefits of XML in CSS?
>
> Douglas

"Software exists to solve your problems. We exist to make the problems."
  - Microsoft

                             Dris!

[ Octeth Random Siggy ]