Re: Quote marks allowed unmatched in core grammar (CSS2)

Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>:
> On 11/7/02 12:29 PM, "Kevin Smith" <k.smith@tatnet.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've often wondered why there's no link to the errata from the affected
>> text in the spec. Is there some philosophical reason to /not/ do so?
>
> Um, because if you were updating the affected text in the spec itself
(which
> marking it up with hyperlinks would be), then you might as well just fix
> text itself.

That's what del and ins are for.

> Which is what the CSS working group is doing[1].
>
> [1]  http://w3.org/TR/CSS21

CSS 2.1 goes further than just implementing the errata into CSS 2.0.
I agree that it would help to have the errata included directly into the
spec, or at least links to it. I understand nevertheless, that it's W3C's
policy to not alter specs after release, only supersede them. Anyhow, a CSS
2.0 Second Edition (like XHTML 1.0) with just the errata worked in or a
constantly updated version would have been better, IMHO, [than|before] doing
a "current browser habit documentation version".

Christoph Päper