Re: Quote marks allowed unmatched in core grammar (CSS2)

On 11/7/02 12:29 PM, "Kevin Smith" <k.smith@tatnet.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/02 7:13 PM, L. David Baron wrote:
>
>> This change is already in the CSS2 errata:
>> http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-19980512-errata.html#x54
>
> I've often wondered why there's no link to the errata from the affected text
> in the spec. Is there some philosophical reason to /not/ do so?

Um, because if you were updating the affected text in the spec itself (which
marking it up with hyperlinks would be), then you might as well just fix
text itself.

Which is what the CSS working group is doing[1].

Thanks,

Tantek

[1]
 http://w3.org/TR/CSS21