Re: Class Selectors Extension Proposals

Alberto Pacheco wrote:

> Does CSS support the following class descriptors functionality?
>
> 1) Adding classes
>     Let be
>         .a { p1; }
>         .b { p2; }
>     How do I get ".c {.a + .b}"  or "<span class=a+b>"
>     Where class c combines a & b classes properties, ie equivalent to
> ".c { p1; p2; }"

Just write <span class="a b">.

>  2) Parametrized classes
>     How do I get something like:
>         .c(X,Y) { width:X; color:Y; }
>     To be refered in HTML later as:
>     Where class c becomes equivalent to ".c { width:50%; color:red;)"
>
> I know it sounds crazy..

Oh ! That one is interesting and not so crazy. We already have
pseudo-classes accepting parameters, so why not classes (theoretical
question only)...
Unfortunately it's not only on the CSS side and would imply a
modification of the class attribute's model.
Anyway, I think it deserves to be added to the CSS Suggestions List, if
it is still active. Bert, what do you think ?

</Daniel>

--
Daniel Glazman  - Netscape Communications Corp. -  glazman@netscape.com
http://people.netscape.com/glazman            AIM:glazou2000 IRC:glazou