RE: X11 Colors (was Last call comments on CSS3 module: color)

Fantasai wrote:

> Tantek Çelik wrote:
> > Deprecate the X11 color names in CSS3 Color and SVG 1.1.* Keep the
> > HTML4 color names. Keep the CSS2 system colors.**

> Sounds like a good plan.

I disagree wrt deprecating the X11 color names.  They are only *names*.
Many of them are goofy, and the consistency design was atrocious -- but
they are just names.  Furthermore, they are in everything from X11 to
.NET (the new Petzold WinC# book has the chart for its entire inside
back flap).  They are all over the place, whatever the warts!

What is there to really gain by deprecation before an alternate and
"better" naming scheme has been thoroughly designed and debated?

I question whether we want the word "deprecation" to be taken as lightly
as a peachpuff.

/Jelks