RE: Behavior of nested Links, pseudos and style

At 17:51 2002-01-31 +0200, Manos Batsis wrote:
>Jeez, ok. This list surely is in pedantic mode today, I don't think that
>forgetting to replace href attributes with events is important here,
>since I am trying to discuss the effect of style and how this is
>implemented.
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>    <head>
>       <title>
>         Test: Nested elements, :hover pseudo-class
>       </title>
>div{padding:5px;}
>span{background:yellow;}
>div:hover,span:hover{color:red;text-decoration:underline;}
>    </head>
>
>Now is there someone that is interested in this? I really appreciate
>your concern but don't need xhtml lessons, thank you.

The span should inherit anything from the div that is not set to other
values in a rule of higher specificy or of the same specificy but declared
later in the document.

In this case, the span should keep yellow background but inherit color and
text-decoration.

// Liorean