RE: Re[2]: Browser support for downloadable fonts in CSS

Jan Roland Eriksson [mailto:jrexon@newsguy.com] wrote:
>[I need to add; gosh Chris, can't you get into tune...

I apologize for wasting 8 lines (including whitespace) of your valuable
bandwidth.  I'll try to be more verbose in my answers in the future, or
at the very least leave out some context for brevity's sake.  :^)

Jan Roland Eriksson [mailto:jrexon@newsguy.com] wrote:
>Even all of you "damned" Americans shall know that you are not
>talking to your self in your own dialects here, "the world" is
>listening in too, and I for one find it extremely difficult to
>sort out "who is actually asking who" a question up here.

Heh.  This is Chris Wilson speaking.  I would point out that Chris
Lilley is not an American; he very nicely prefixed all lines of my
previous mail with "CW>" to denote "Chris Wilson"; I'm sorry if you
couldn't follow the nesting procedure of ">" vs. ">>", but it has been
in use for a very long time in mailing software.

>>CW>I'm fairly certain Pocket IE does not support downloadable fonts.
>>CW>know it was in MacIE as of 5.0 - don't know when it was added.
>
>JRE>So you have left your job as head of MS Browsers then?

No; I have never been head of MS Browsers.  I've been both a developer
and a program manager on the Windows Internet Explorer team; only
briefly were Windows and Macintosh IE even in the same division at
Microsoft.  Pocket IE is also a separate development team.  Regardless,
I've never been "head" of the effort, just a person visibly involved in
standards who works on the Windows IE team.

>JRE>Here it is again, "who says what" ?

_I_ (Chris Wilson) said "Hmm.  I thought they [Netscape] eventually
added that [WebFont-compliant exposure of TrueDoc font embedding], but I
guess I'm mistaken," in response to Chris Lilley's statement that they
had not done so.

>JRE>I'm not surprised (about you being mistaken, that is),
>JRE>by a reason or two...

I suppose I would be insulted by that comment, if I didn't find it so
amusing... particularly since 1) I was openly stating I was not an
authoritative voice on the subject at hand, and 2) I was clearly giving
my long-time competitor the benefit of the doubt, and certainly not
criticizing them.  Are you just trying to bait me, or am I missing
something here?

-Chris Wilson