Re: Re[2]: Browser support for downloadable fonts in CSS

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:55:33 -0800, you wrote:

[I need to add; gosh Chris, can't you get into tune on how to use a
mailing list? Your headers are longer than your input, _and_ your
input breaks references with a swung of it. correct threading of
messages becomes impossible from you]

>Chris Lilley [mailto:chris@w3.org] asked:

>>CW> IE supports downloadable Embedded OpenType fonts,

>>yes. What version did that get added to Mac IE? Does PocketPC IE
>support any of that?

Even all of you "damned" Americans shall know that you are not talking
to your self in your own dialects here, "the world" is listening in
too, and I for one find it extremely difficult to sort out "who is
actually asking who" a question up here.

Maybe a correct setup of mailing software would be in order?

>I'm fairly certain Pocket IE does not support downloadable fonts.  I
>know it was in MacIE as of 5.0 - don't know when it was added.

So you have left your job as head of MS Browsers then?

>>CW> Netscape Navigator used to support Bitstream TrueDoc fonts but
>>
>>but not using CSS2 WebFont syntax

Here it is again, "who says what" ?

>Hmm.  I thought they eventually added that, but I guess I'm mistaken.

I'm not surprised (about you being mistaken, that is),
by a reason or two...

--
Rex .. Moronization: a form of acculturation where people are encouraged
       to anoint themselves with the supposed benefits of a technology