Re[2]: Browser support for downloadable fonts in CSS

On Friday, February 01, 2002, 8:54:37 PM, Chris wrote:

CW> Which part?

Kynn was asking about the downloadable part.

CW> IE supports downloadable Embedded OpenType fonts,

yes. What version did that get added to Mac IE? Does PocketPC IE
support any of that?

CW> Netscape
CW> Navigator used to support Bitstream TrueDoc fonts but

but not using CSS2 WebFont syntax

CW> I haven't checked
CW> if it still does... Don't know about other browsers.  I don't think
CW> anyone supports everything in WebFonts (e.g. font synthesis).

I agree, I have not seen an implementation of font synthesis, so when
CSS3 goes to CR that part is likely to get pulled out. However, the
part that Kynn was talking about has multiple implementations (and
even, multiple interoperable ones).