Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

On Saturday 2002-12-28 17:17 -0600, Shelby Moore wrote:
> Fundamentally, until we make specific examples, I think the comparison
> between XBL and XSLT approach is too abstracted to be nothing more than
> limits of each of our understandings of technologies and their uses.  I
> started this thread with a hypothesis based on reasoned analysis, and still
> hoping the XBL experts will come here and give compelling examples of
> things that can be done in XBL which should or can not be done in XSLT.  By
> analyzing such examples, then we can truely all merge our understandings,
> rather than giving opinions with different basis of understanding of
> possible permutations.

OK, here's a specific example.  An implementation of a combobox
("select-size") widget and listbox ("select") widget to implement HTML's
select element in XBL is provided here:

http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/layout/html/forms/resources/content/select.xml

Please describe the equivalent way to do this in XSLT.

-David

--
L. David Baron        <URL: http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/ >