Re: Accessibility: Good or bad for business? (Was: Public list or not?)

Quoting Svgdeveloper@aol.com:

> tbray@textuality.com writes:
>

> > 3. Publishing *anything* for general human consumption and not dealing
> > with accessibility issues is stupid, immoral, and bad for business, as
> > has been made clear many times, not just by the W3C.
>
> Tim,
>
> I would like to ask a simple question in follow-up to the claim you made: Is
>
> addressing accessibility issues good or bad for business?

Just as a starting point, a site that has addressed basic accessibility issues
(alt information, using html markup properly, providing alternatives to
javascript, etc) has just *also* made their site much more search engine
friendly.  Being found in search engines should be very good for a business.

Lynn