Re: storing info in XSL-FO: new issue? [was: Draft TAG Finding:...]

Hello Svgdeveloper,

On Monday, August 19, 2002 Andrew wrote:

> ian@hixie.ch writes:

[about the number of XHTML pages]

>> It's achieved huge traction in the number of pages on the web which
>> are now XHTML1 rather than HTML4 or tag soup.

> You claim "huge" traction measured "in the number of pages". But in
> the data you give you fail to mention **any** number of pages.

> A quick visit to Google this morning indicates that almost 2.5 billion pages
> are indexed. Relative to that figure what numbers ... you did say this was
> specified in numbers of pages ... constitutes "huge traction" for XHTML?

I'd define 'huge traction' as so many pages, that any User Agent who
tries to impose well-formedness rules on XHTML (send as text/xml) will
manage to alienate all its users by refusing to render many top100
sites.

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour:
Brain: The apparatus with which we think that we think.