Re: background-attachment

At 18:13 +0200 8/14/02, Kai Lahmann wrote:

>an (maybe silly?) Idea of a change of this. The image shouldn't be
>fixed related to the topleft corner of the viewport, but of the next
>parent element, which has any scrolling mechanism (thinking of
>overflow:scroll or a textarea).

    I believe that there are already two interoperable implementations
of fixed-attachment background images as applied to arbitrary
elements, so it's too late to change the meaning of 'fixed'.  You
could propose a new value that has the effect you desire.

--
Eric A. Meyer  (eric@meyerweb.com)  http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
Author, "Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide,"