Re: height as percentage and inheritance

Hello ex1),

On Saturday, August 3, 2002 you wrote:

> In the following example a p has a height of 4in; the div inside
> that has height: 50% and the div inside that has a height: inherit.

The 'P' stuff isn't in your code example. And that is a good thing, as
P can't contain DIV.

> In reading the spec I assume that the inner div should inherit the
> computed value (not percentage). This is the behaviour Mozilla uses.
> But IE6.0 (Win32) and Opera6.0 seem to ignore height: inherit and
> use height: auto instead.

Support for 'inherit' can be called 'shaky' at best in Opera 6.
Mozilla's behavior is correct.

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour: