Re: Containing block for Abs Pos elements

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, ValerieGSharp wrote:

> But the containing block for an element with position:static is formed
> by the *content* edge of the ancestor, not the padding edge.
>
> So, for an Abs. Pos. element with offsets 'auto', should the containing
> block be formed by the padding or the content edge?

Padding edge, but I don't understand why this is a problem. Could you give
an example where there is a contradiction or unexpected behaviour if one
assumes that the spec (including errata) is correct?

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL