Re: Standards Compliance and msn

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:41:39 -0700, you wrote:

>Jan Roland Eriksson [mailto:jrexon@newsguy.com] wrote:
>>One of the guys you named up here missed the "original dollar train"
>that Marc and Jim once started by something like six months...

>I presume you mean me.

Well, yes :)

>I actually left NCSA for another company less than a week before
>Marc and Jim poached the rest of the core NCSA Mosaic dev team away;

Ok, thanks for the time frame update, I was under the impression that
you left for Spry much earlier then April 95 when that "famous" flight
journey took place.

>I declined to join them after that, because I was excited by the
>vision of my then-employer (SPRY, Inc, who made Internet in a Box
>- one of the very first easy-to-use Internet packages).

Sure, I know a bit of Spry's history too.

>By the time I was ready to leave SPRY, I was definitely
>disinterested in joining Netscape,

You probably missed out on a "bundle" there, but Ok, we all make the
choices we find best.

>and the opportunities at Microsoft beckoned.

Hmm... :)

Side note: I still have MSIE2 on my original WinNT4 CD from the fall
of 1996 here in my flat, you are the one responsible for it even being
there in the first place?

>Lest anyone think I need to pitied, I've followed my heart and my
>conscience throughout my career, and though it's had its ups and downs,
>I have absolutely no basis for compliant.  I consider myself very lucky,
>and I know I've made a personal difference.

I for one have no "gripes" at all with the person "Chris Wilson" on
the contrary, I'd like to see more input from you here and I will
forever defend your right to say what you want to say.

But in the same true spirit of liberalism that I adhere too, I will
also claim my own right to say what I want to say, personalities aside
of course, but technical criticism will be a given thing.

--
Rex