Re: FW: RE: [humanmarkup] Syntax

Manos Batsis writes:

> Below I have pasted two postings from humanmarkup: One from me and one from
> Sean. Although css extensions is what may be of interest to you (and me at
> this point), I have left the postings complete for you to understand a
> bigger subject.
> Please do provide some comments. Thanks for reading this far...

As Sean Palmer said, mixing CSS with other things is not a good idea.
You would want to keep them clearly separated, to avoid confusion and
to allow easier management of the data. You may want to have a
separate MIME type for it (application/humanmarkup?) Nevertheless, the
CSS syntax seems well suited. I don't know what the exact purpose is,
but looking at the RDF and the CSS example, I would expect that a CSS
syntax with properties for anger, despair and fear would be quite easy
to construct.

In fact, anything that you can write in RDF you can also write in CSS.
Both are essentially notations for triples (object, property, value).
For example:

    url(some-url-here) {
	anger: 100;
	dispair: 30;
	fear: -20;
    }

CSS doesn't need namespaces for its own properties, but you could
easily invent them, if you needed them (with an extra level of curly
braces, e.g.; but do you really?)

How to present this information to a human is a different issue. There
are probably many ways: you could use colored graphics, drawings of
faces, music, or just text. For some of those, XSLT may help.

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA