Re: @version rule

* Ian Hickson wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>>>
>>>     Which level should IE6 claim to support?
>>
>> Microsoft claims full CSS Level 1 compliance (or support, don't know
>> the exact wording).
>
>I said _should_.

They should claim whatever is true; I don't know what will be true,
IE 6 isn't released yet. Regarding some version number based @version
rule, it shouldn't claim anything and it doesn't need to. The proposal
is bad, especially because there are a lot of features optional in CSS
and media dependend.

>> I sympathize with the idea of an @version statement. I would be great
>> if I can specify "process this block only if you support all used
>> @rules/property-value pairs/selectors/etc." since implementing just
>> _some_ features of CSS may break documents, as shown above.
>
>But then should IE6 claim to support to support 'ex'?

If it does, yes.

>How about 'float'?

If it supports floats they way I used it, it should claim that it
supports it.