Re: Stretchy backgrounds? (background-width,height properties)

Dylan Schiemann wrote:

> > > - better definitions for opacity
> >
> > This is being worked on, but is not a top priority.
>
> The main point I had a while back was that setting
> opacity on the element rather than on properties of an
> element seemed like a bad idea.
Well, it is not a bad idea, but it is different to setting individual
components i agree. Basically there is a use case for both of these.

>  For example, it makes
> sense to be able to set the opacity of the background
> independent of the foreground color.

Yes. But the resence of the group opacity prperty 'opacity' does not
preclude being able to set, for example, border opacity using a separate
property.

For examples, see the SVG spec whichhas the group opacity property
'opacity' but also has fill opacity, stroke opacity, opacity on stops on
a gradient, and so forth.

--
Chris