Re: Stretchy backgrounds? (background-width,height properties)

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Stuart Ballard wrote:

> Out of interest, why background-size as opposed to background-width and
> background-height?

For consistency with 'background-position'.

> Also, as far as I can see with the background-size proposal, there's no
> way to say "set the width to 100% but use the intrinsic height", which
> might be useful for things like a wiggly gradient effect (in conjunction
> with background-repeat: repeat-y).

Presumably:

   background-size: 100% auto;

Cheers,
--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'