RE: Is there a way...

> Madeline wrote:
> > Is there a way to keep Netscape from affecting the
> > font size I've set if the user trys to increase the
> > browsers font size?
>
> If the user wants to increase the font size, they
> probably have a good reason--for instance, the text
> may be too small for them to read.

YES!

CNet is a great example of this... they have set 'font size=-1' on a lot of
their pages, rendering them almost illegible on my screen. (which is 15" at
1400x1050, BTW).

The only reason that I can still use their site is that Opera gives me a nice
easy way to increase the page zoom by 100% (which I do whenever I visit them,
especially news.com)

Let the users control their own browser!  You control the page and how you want
it to appear, if they decide to muck with something in their browser, then so be
it.

I don't know what your intention was for not wanting to allow Netscape to change
the font, but IMO it is never a good idea to prevent someone from doing
something at your page that they can do elsewhere (like pages that force
themselves to be inside frames, or trying to deny right-click access.)

TjL