Re: simulating <br>

Vincent Lefevre wrote:

>> Then your expectations are unreasonable. A line break is precisely that
>> (not some collapsing block margin concoction), and there is no
>> justification for their collapsing.
>

> A line break isn't a blank line. So, several <BR> should give a line
> break, not blank lines.

Désolé Vincent, but this is not a question of semantics. It
is a question of common practice. Dozens of millions of web
pages have been published where multiple-<BR> equals
multiple-line-breaks.

BR is what people expect it to be. I don't think that any
browser/editor vendor will ever run against that, at least
for HTML ;-)

</Daniel>