HTTP (was Re: caching css documents)

You wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I've got a simple question really. I was wondering if
> someone can control browser caching of a css document.
> Pontings to relevant resources would be much
> appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Try the HTTP RFC. (Pragma: no-cache is the backwards compatible way of
doing it, Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate at HTTP 1.1, and
also Expires: [some time in the past].

Read your server manual and configure it to send these headers; if you
use Apache, you probably won't need write access
to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf [or wherever], but can just put the file
in a user directory.

(This hasn't got anything to do with CSS, apart from the fact that some
browsers are overly fond of caching CSS pages.)

-- Random fortune
Microsoft just released a new product:
	Microsoft Windows for Windows(TM).
The ultimate Windows emulator for the Windows platform! Only $900!