Re: New version of the Selectors module of CSS3

Ian Brockbank wrote:
> Hi Ian, Jonas,
>
> > > STRUCTURAL PSEUDO-CLASSES
> > >
> > > I propose the following list of pseudo-classes. They are largely based
on
> > > the :nth-child and related pseudos in the current draft, but have been
> > > made more useful, more generic, and more consistent with each other.
> [ snip ]
>
> This seems a great idea.  There just seems to be one thing lacking
> (maybe I'm missing something).
>
> How would one format alternating blocks of n elements with this scheme?
> (Using either syntax)  I can see a desire to do something like
>
> TR:child(1,6,3) /* address first three of six */
> TR:child(2,6,3) /* address second three of six */
>
> to have alternating bands of equal size.  (I'll leave you to improve
> the syntax; this was just an omission which jumped out at me).

Hmm.. don't really understand the syntax but agree that the functionallity
is good. I would propose something like

TR:every-nth-child(6,1 to 3) { ... } /* first three of six */
TR:every-nth-child(6,4 to 6) { ... } /* last three of six */

one other syntax that could be handy is

TR:every-nth-child(6)

which would be the same as

TR:every-nth-child(6,1)

but a bit slimmer and easy to read/write.

/ Jonas Sicking